Monday, November 16, 2009

My War, Our War





Raise me again my mother

Bring me up in chains

Kiss my forehead one last time

Before I die in vain


Point those faces to me my mother

That bred this eternal unrest

When I come home sew my wounds

But send me back to our war fest


I will be born here again my mother

With the same innocent flame

Seeking in this wasted wilderness our unborn peace

We’ll dream together a dawn caressed by the breeze


This birth has spawned nothing mother

So I snatch what fancies my eyes

My dreams have never surpassed running water

And we’ve spent years of lies


Call me undead if you wish

Make sure we are completely slain

For we are living infestations

Forced to gnaw your home again


Your coffee-mug readers don’t speak our tongue

So you will never know our fate

But we will live forever

To pounce upon your plate






Copyright BluEJoKe (2009)

4 comments:

  1. ITS AN AMAZING POEM.........SHOWS WAT EXACTLY PATRIOTISM MEANS.......FIGHT FR MY COUNTRY, MY PEOPLE, WITH NO HOPE, NO EXPECTATIONS FR WAT IT RETURNS TO ME........ALWAYZ LOVE UR MOTHER (COUNTRY).....N LIVE FR IT........WHICH FEW PEOPLE CAN UNDERSTAND............

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear rebel....this is a brilliant poem, simple yet mindblowing. Conveys the deep angst, hope and grit that runs thru d veins, to die and to rise again from the ashes. Ensure that u get d copyright for the lines -
    "Your coffee-mug readers don’t speak our tongue

    So you will never know our fate

    But we will live forever

    To pounce upon your plate"....or they may be used indiscriminately. Wish u all d best !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not so equipped or skilled to comment on such a marvellous creation. But in one simple word it is "SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALDOCIOUS". Keep it up and let the collection grow.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eta shombondhey kono boktobbyo rakhlam na...

    SANKALAN

    ReplyDelete

So what do ya think??